Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

COUP D'ETAT - "Doctor I Like Your Medicine"

Coup D'Etat were an Auckland band from the early 80's and featured ex-Hello Sailor member Harry Lyon on guitar/vocals and Jan Preston on keyboards/vocals. In fact, Jan Preston was brought to Taupo very recently by 41 Above, which is a new concert promotion company and in my opinion, it's the best thing that has happened in this sports mad town of Taupo. I've been doing my bit to get more acts here over the last few years, partly from my frustration that most of our venue owners have a lack of interest in original music... but mainly because no-one else was doing it. So you wouldn't believe my excitement when I found about 41 Above and their contribution to the arts in this town and in such a short time since their inception. Okay, back to this song "Doctor I Like Your Medicine", which was a top 10 hit in NZ in 1980 and still sounds fresh today, while still having that distinctive 80's sound. Harry Lyon has stated that it is about the dangers of having too much fun. This Reggae/Pop song should bring back memories to any Kiwi old enough to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment