Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mercury Rev - "Holes"

This song is so cinematic, so ethereal, so orchestral, so dreamy and beautiful... in fact I could go on forever. Let's just say it is a masterpiece. The first time I heard this I was on my way home from work and had to stop to pick something up and this song came on at that time. I couldn't get out of the car until it was finished and luckily the bFM DJ announced who it was. I was obsessed, and remember, in 1998 you couldn't just go home and download it. So I (probably the next day) went to Real Groovy Records and bought the CD. I had heard of Mercury Rev but had never taken the time to listen to them. After hearing "Holes" I kind of felt that I had robbed myself of something good. The album 'Deserter's Songs' was a fine work of art and I remained loyal thereafter. The start of a beautiful relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment