Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wheat - "I met a girl"

Massachusetts indie-pop band 'Wheat' released their third album 'Per Second, Per Second, Per Second ... Every Second' in 2003 and it was decidedly catchier than their previous 'Hope and Adams' album. Newly signed to a major label, they reversed the indie/pop scale to pop/indie here on their biggest hit "I Met a Girl" with their reputations still intact (although, their hardcore fans might have a different opinion). I heard they recently reformed and refused to play this song live... My uneducated guess on all things 'Wheat' is that "I Met a Girl" symbolizes their bad major label experience. But hey, we can still enjoy it. "I met a girl I'd like to know better - but I'm already with someone"... oh, what a dilemma.



These guys have a similar dilemma
Flight Of The Conchords - "I met a girl (over there)"


No comments:

Post a Comment