Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'/Paul Oakenfold - "Starry Eyed Surprise"

Here on Bitter FM we now have a folk show hosted by Jersey Bob. Tonight's folk hour featured a song that I, and everybody else, have heard many times. The song was "Everybody's Talkin'" by Harry Nilsson. I am ashamed to say that when I heard the intro, I thought we were about to hear "Starry Eyed Surprise" by Paul Oakenfold - you know the song, the Coke ad and all. Anyway, my disrespect of a legendary singer-songwriter needed some kind of explanation. The first witness was wikipedia and all was revealed. On "Starry Eyed Surprise" Paul Oakenfold had sampled "Everybody's Talkin'" so I am hopefully forgiven... although, I hope I recognise it as the original next time.
Case closed.



Paul Oakenfold - "Starry Eyed Surprise" (you see what I mean)

No comments:

Post a Comment