Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Proclaimers - "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"

I can't believe it myself, but this Hits and Myths blog post is number 1000. Yes, even though I'm currently not fulfilling my obligation on this daily song blog, I have still managed to clock up 1000 posts, or more appropriately, 1000 songs. Hopefully there were a few new discoveries for some of you. "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" is my pick to celebrate for obvious reasons. One of the Reid brothers proposed to walk 1000 miles and to be the one to fall down at her door. Although, if it was ever going to be a reality, he probably would have had is brother walk 500 miles - who would've known? As Jimmy Carr said when a friend proclaimed (yes, pun intended) her new boyfriend looked like one of the Proclaimers "He can't, he either looks like both of them or neither of them." Anyway, here's to a thousand more great songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment