Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sucking Chest Wound - "Mary Dear"

Sucking Chest Wound were a Canadian collective who were active during the late 80's and early 90's. The album 'God Country Family' was created as a multi-media piece and originally released in 1990 on cassette only - with the CD version released in 1992. They were not signed to any label and self released this album, which they limited to only 1000 copies on CD. I had one of those copies up until a burglary in Auckland years ago - and I've never managed to find another copy. I would love to hear the album in its entirety again. Although, I did manage to find a digital version of the song that I most wanted to play on Bitter FM, which is "Mary Dear". Combine some borrowed dialogue from an unknown radio play with a Slayer guitar sample - and the result is spine-chilling.

2 comments:

  1. I have a CD of this... didn't realize there were so few produced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's quite rare. I lost my copy years ago when all my CD's got stolen. I thought it would turn up at one of the 2nd hand shops at the time. I still haven't managed to get another copy.

      Delete