Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lady Lamb - "Billions of Eyes"

Lady Lamb aka Lady Lamb the Beekeeper aka (real name) Aly Spaltro is a young artist from Brunswick, USA. Her recently released second album 'After' became sought after when I first heard "Billions of Eyes". The need for this album took me back to another era. It didn't seem to be available on iTunes or anywhere else digitally here in New Zealand - so just like the old days, I ordered it from the local record shop (MyMusic in this case) and it was ordered in from the USA and delivered in a week or so.... the music buying equivalent to sending a fax. But one I will use more often, particularly now that they sell heaps of vinyl. "Billions of Eyes" has so many things going on to like. It's catchy but definitely not over produced and the lyrics have something new to take in after every listen. One example "I check my phone for the time - but I still wear a watch" is something that probably resonates with so many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment