Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Madonna - "What It Feels Like For A Girl"

"What It Feels Like For A Girl" was from Madonna's last great album (IMHO) 'Music'.... I think she has had some moments since, but 'Music' was a truly great album. "What It Feels Like For A Girl" even has a sample from 'The Cement Garden' movie, featuring the voice of Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Back to the song and the album..... oh, the video has been muted, by the record company I presume, and because there is nothing else on youtube other than remixes etc. - I seem to be wasting my time. So I apologise to them for trying to promote their artist and I promise I won't do it again.
So let's carry on with 'The Cement Garden' instead. The film was an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Ian McEwan. Directed by Charlotte's uncle Andrew Birkin... so it is keeping it in the family in more than just subject matter. I haven't seen the film but have read the book. The novel is definitely not for everyone but if you love modern fiction and don't mind a story dealing with a taboo subject - this one is for you. Although, I haven't yet found an Ian McEwan novel that has disappointed me.



The Cement Garden trailer



Oh the irony!


I love the irony here. The video has been muted because it includes the Madonna audio track. But the reason it was even put here on youtube is because Madonna borrowed part of the original film's audio (legally) for her song. However, the copyright owner of the music has stopped us even hearing the original film audio they borrowed.... priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment