Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Steve Earle & The Dukes - "You're The Best Lover That I Ever Had"

In 2015 Steve Earle released a blues album 'Terraplane'. A Texas blues album, so I've been told. I know, yes, he's a Texan but so was Lightnin' Hopkins and that is where you can hear a big part of the inspiration on this project. Particularly on "You're The Best Lover That I Ever Had". Another thing I found out was that at the time of writing and recording this album he was going through his seventh divorce.... so why not record a blues album. Good on you Steve.... you did well to wait this long. Anyway, the reviews were all over the place - but I loved it and still do. "You're The Best Lover That I Ever Had" is a standout and gets a lot of play on Bitter FM.

No comments:

Post a Comment