Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Art Brut "Formed a Band"

For my first Hits and Myths blog I could have chosen one of thousands of songs to set the stage. But there is a reason I chose this one. I was going to call my blog 'Formed a Band' after this song... but it was already taken by another blogger. However, this song still deserves to be on the debut blog for the sole reason of being a song about a bunch of friends forming a band and telling everyone about. Pulled along with a cool guitar riff and the unique vocal style of singer Eddie Argos, which he even acknowledges when he sings (or speaks) "yes, this is my singing voice, it's not irony, it's not rock n' roll, just talking to the kids".... Brilliant!
Formed a Band was an early single from the UK based band Art Brut and was released in 2004 and on the 2005 album 'Bang Bang Rock & Roll'.
I am changing some of the shows on Bitter FM and one of the new shows will be called 'Formed a Band' and will be an hour of songs from new and interesting bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment