Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The White Stripes "Hello Operator"

The White Stripes have just recently released a live album and that made me think... how long have they been around now? Well, the answer is more than 10 years. I was hooked when I heard 'Hello Operator' which was from their 2nd album 'De Stijl' from 2000 and I rushed out and bought the album straight away.... although, I regret not buying the 7' single at Real Groovy at the same time. I don't really need to say much more about The White Stripes because it's probably been said before... except that, pre- White Stripes there were probably a handful of 2-piece rock-blues bands and now there must be hundreds of them. So for anyone out there that discovered them with either 'White Blood Cells' or 'Elephant' you need to hear this.





No comments:

Post a Comment