Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jim White - "The Wound That Never Heals"

Ok, I admit I like a lot of dark music so I can't resist another murder song. This time by Jim White.... an alternative country/folk artist or I like to call him 'the king of southern gothic tales' and this song is as dark as any tale told. It is from his album 'No Such Place' which came out in 2001 on David Byrne's Luaka Bop label. "The Wound That Never Heals" is the story of a female serial killer. A child abuse victim that grew up a murderer of her lovers... a problem she called "the wound that never heals". As much about an abuse victim destroying everything they love, as it is a murder tale. I remember reading that he got the idea after reading about the real life serial killer Aileen Wuornos, but it was not about her as such. By the way, it came out before the movie 'Monster' (about Aileen Wuornos) was released.


No comments:

Post a Comment