Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Interpol - "Rest My Chemistry"

Interpol are a New York indie rock band with comparisons to post-punk bands like 'Joy Division' with their dark but rhythmic sound. I can hear a strong 'Television' influence through some of their songs, which is one of many reasons why I like them so much. "Rest My Chemistry" is from their third album and first with a major label 'Our Love to Admire' from 2007 and is one of the standout tracks on an album that had a slight change in direction.... particularly with the addition of keyboards. It also has some elements of soul, in a similar way to our own 'The Checks' with their soul infused indie rock sound. "Rest My Chemistry" is closer to the 'Interpol' we had already known and it shines brightly. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment