Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kimbra - "Settle Down"

Tomorrow I'm off to the opening day of the first cricket test match between New Zealand and Pakistan in Hamilton. So that is a good enough reason to have an artist from Hamilton on this blog. Kimbra had also created interest in Australia at a young age and is now signed to Australian label 'Forum 5 Recordings' and released this song "Settle Down" with them. I love quirky artists (Regina Spektor/Bjork) and Kimbra has quirkiness by the truckload. This is the only song of hers that I know and it won me over straight away.... I now look forward to her forthcoming debut album. The video of "Settle Down" captures her beautiful quirkiness so well and if you thought Janelle Monae had a unique dance style in her "Tightrope" video.... wait until you see Kimbra at the end of this video. A true individual with a promising future.

No comments:

Post a Comment