Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lana Del Rey - "Video Games" (live on Jools Holland, Oct.11, 2011)

This is the first (and probably last) time I will post a song twice on this blog. But after finding out Lana Del Rey appeared on the legendary 'Later with Jools Holland' show, I wanted to share it. This is evidence to me that she is the real deal.... and I'm still obsessed with this song anyway. I have never known of a new artist where the fans and critics are so divided. The people, like myself, who have been taken in with the beautiful sultry vocals and sensational song structure and songwriting, have been blown away. However, the abhorrence directed towards her by her critics, because of her looks, and whatever else, is a bit extreme to say the least. I admit, I feel that way about some manufactured artists... but my angle is usually from the musical point of view, and musically, I can only be positive about Lana Del Rey thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment