Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Steve Earle and Lucinda Williams - "You're Still Standin' There"

I've been away for a week and unfortunately I had to put this blog on hold. While I was away I went to the Lucinda Williams concert at the Auckland town hall. She was touring her 'Blessed' album from last year but covered a lot of her back catalogue as well... including her 'Car Wheels On a Gravel Road' album. It was her most successful album and she explained how she heard the rough mixes of Steve Earle's 'I Feel Alright' album while she recorded a duet "You're Still Standin' There" for the album and she was so impressed that she wanted her 'Car Wheels On a Gravel Road' to be produced by Steve Earle. Time tells us it was a great decision. Anyway, after explaining the Steve Earle connection the man himself walked on stage to join her for the aforementioned duet, which was a fantastic surprise (he happened be be touring NZ as well and was playing in Auckland the next night). "You're Still Standin' There" is played regularly on Bitter FM but I never ever expected to experience it live with both of the artists on stage. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment