Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Tweeds - "I Need That Record"

It is Record Store Day today and I live in a town without a record store (yes, we have a CD store) and I feel like I'm missing out on so much fun. To be fair, not many towns have record stores anymore. They are even dying out in the major cities... which is why we have such a thing as 'Record Store Day' in the first place. Here is a great song to celebrate the beautiful vinyl record format. "I Need That Record" is something I've too often heard myself saying.



A trailer for the Documentary film about the decline of the Record Store....




Finally, what is better? The smell of fresh coffee, the smell of a new record removed from it's sleeve for the first time or the new car smell. Fuck the new car smell. Too close to call for a vinyl junkie and coffee snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment