Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, May 3, 2012

De-Phazz - "Cut The Jazz"

De Phazz created a beautiful down-tempo classic from a sample by Ella Fitzgerald. "Cut The Jazz" comes from their debut album 'Detunized Gravity' released in 1997. The sample is from "Love For Sale" by Ella Fitzgerald. They were ahead of the pack with their jazz/lounge beats.... considering this is about 15 years old now. I love the fact that a sample of just a few seconds can result in something as beautiful as the original... yet completely different.



Ella Fitzgerald - "Love For Sale" If you want to hear where they got the sample from - you will have to wait until the 5 minute 31 second mark. But don't skip to it because it is a great journey getting there.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot , here is dj resource which I recently found
    https://www.lucidsamples.com
    Really satisfied

    ReplyDelete
  2. This clearly samples more than one Ella vocal. Wish I had known about this when it came out in the 90s. I was super into Ella at the time. Still am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starts with the laughing "yeah" from the live version of Honeysuckle Rose, There's some "follow my lead" from Someone To Watch Over Me, "Kiss me once..." from How Long Has This Been Going On?, I can't place the "I want to" yet. Going to have to spin up some albums to place it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for additional information guys.

      Delete
  3. AWESOME!!! thank you!!!

    my wife was searching for this info for sooooooooo long!!! years!!!!

    cheers from Monterrey Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete