Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Bloody Valentine - "Soon"

'My Bloody Valentine" were the other legendary shoegazer band... along with 'The Jesus and Mary Chain.' In fact, my best description of 'My Bloody Valentine' would be "The Jesus and Mary Chain and Stereolab in a jam session"... an unintentional but beautiful blend. Highly influential, My Bloody Valentine created the template for many to follow. Even as the British indie scene moved towards dance music, the influence of My Bloody Valentine can be heard in bands from that movement... the likes of 'Happy Mondays' being one example. I've only just got around to downloading their classic album 'Loveless' because I always meant to convert my vinyl copy to digital but didn't. So I'm really enjoying reliving this classic. The greatest Irish band ever!!!

2 comments:

  1. Loveless is an awesome album, miles ahead of its time and totally unique.

    ReplyDelete