Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Smiths - "Bigmouth Strikes Again"

There are so many reasons to love "Bigmouth Strikes Again" by The Smiths. Here are five of them.

1, The opening lines are priceless... "Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth In your head

Oh ... sweetness, sweetness, I was only joking
When I said by rights you should be Bludgeoned in your bed"

2, The Joan of Arc references... "Now I know how Joan of Arc felt
As the flames rose to her roman nose
And her hearing aid started to melt"

3, Morrissey's self-deprecating chorus "Bigmouth strikes again
And I've got no right to take my place
With the Human race"

4, Johnny Marr's guitar(as always)

5, It is from one of the greatest albums ever 'The Queen Is Dead' released in 1986.

I won't bore you with the other 95 reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment