Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, March 18, 2013

Haley Bonar - "Candy Machine Gun"

I've been listening to the 'late night dispatches' podcasts from NPR's 'All Songs Considered' show. The late night dispatches were a nightly review of what the 'All Songs Considered' host, Bob Boilen, and regulars, Robin Hilton, Stephen Thompson and Ann Powers had been to see during the SXSW festival in Austin, Texas. Usually at about 2.30am they would excitedly tell us about their experiences and make us all envy. It has to be the single greatest music festival on the planet and every year I hear of their action packed experiences and want to be there. Although, I didn't even get to the Laneway festival in Auckland earlier this year so I doubt if I will ever get off my ass and get to Austin. Anyway, these guys fit so much in every night, it is hard to believe it's still only a small percentage of what is going on. From Nick Cave to Jim James and Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Flaming Lips... well the list goes on and on. A couple of acts also spotted by at least one of them were Dessa and Haley Bonar, which interested me - partly because they are both fantastic and also because they probably won't ever come all the way to NZ for a concert. I'll have to work on a Bitterfest in Taupo and give them top billing.



Live acoustic version

No comments:

Post a Comment