Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, March 4, 2013

Oasis - "Live Forever"

In 1991, when writing "Live Forever" Noel Gallagher remembered Nirvana's "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" and he explained his reaction as (quote)"Well, I'm not fucking having that. As much as I fucking like him [Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain] and all that shit, I'm not having that. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, fucking saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's fucking rubbish. Kids don't need to be hearing that nonsense." (unquote). So "Live Forever" started out as a retort to "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" and it became their first Top Ten hit. The inspiration for the melody came from "Shine a Light" by The Rolling Stones after he was listening to 'Exile on Main St'. He aimed high for his inspiration and got the rewards... and I haven't even mentioned The Beatles yet.



Nirvana - "I Hate Myself and Want to Die"


No comments:

Post a Comment