Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pale Fountains - "Jean's Not Happening"

This post is a bit self-indulgent of me (a bit like Bitter FM, I concede) but I needed to hear this song again... as it had slipped off the radar. I remember loving it so much at the time. Somehow it didn't make the transition from vinyl to CD and digital over that period of time. "Jean's Not Happening" was a single from the Pale Fountains second album '...From Across the Kitchen Table' released in 1985. They were a post-punk band who liked to bend the genres. They had a love for 'Love'... that's Arthur Lee's band 'Love', but here on "Jean's Not Happening" they sound more like a blend of post-punk and white soul a la Lloyd Cole. The guitarist/singer Michael Head later formed 'Shack' and he continued his relative obscurity, while being critically acclaimed.
I need to transfer this song to digital and get it on air... it's about time we made 'Jean Happening'.

No comments:

Post a Comment