Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pixies - "Bagboy"

I noticed a headline the other day 'Kim Deal quits The Pixies' and I thought WTF, they broke up years ago. Turns out they have reformed. And luckily for us, before Kim Deal left they recorded at least one song, we know that much because it has just been released as a single and given away on their website. Although, I should say that I can't confirm Kim Deal was present for the recording of this, but it sure sounds like her on backing vocals. It's true that Frank Black has been quite active since the Pixies first broke up and a lot of it has been great - but I didn't expect him to ever sound so much like the Pixies again, or as we remembered them. Maybe I should give credit to the other members because they really have pulled it off with the single "Bagboy". There won't be another 'Doolittle' but this is pretty fucking good all the same. Where is my mind?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment