Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sagat - "Fuk Dat"

I remember this song being on high rotation on 95bFM in Auckland after its release in the early 90's. I've only just found out that there was a clean version called "Funk Dat" - thankfully student radio allowed us to hear it like it was meant to be heard. The beats are a bit basic (more like something I do on Garageband quite easily) but in 1993 it sounded fantastic and the creation of loop based music wasn't as easy as it is now.... the iMac was still about 5 years away.
Here is another verse, but from the 'glass half full' perspective. "Why is it? every time I go and buy a coffee in this town - when I finally get it - it's perfect - Fuk Dat... is great."



Fine Print... thank you for excellent coffee - Storehouse (Chemex), Belmondo, French Cafe, Sierra, Replete and BP to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment