Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sylvan Esso - "Coffee"

When I stumbled upon this song I added it to Bitter FM playlists and fell in love with it more and more over time. A bit of an obsession happening, once again. It's the kind of electronica where less is more. The sparseness perfectly highlights the beauty of the vocals. I thought "Coffee" was going to be another stunning song that would go by, practically un-noticed. But to my amazement, I've already seen it on the top (or close to the top) of a few top songs of the year lists. So, it's not quite the surprise crossover (mega selling) hit like "Dirty Paws" by 'Of Monsters and Men' was, a couple of years ago - but it has been getting noticed and, more importantly, heard. My song of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment