Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rosie Thomas - "Pretty Dress"

Rosie Thomas released her third album 'If Songs Could Be Held' in 2005. Her previous albums were said to be introspective... but she wasn't bitter like Alanis Morissette, she was ready to move on. Well, on this album not too much has changed. The introspective and delicate songs are still there. "Pretty Dress" is the hit single that wasn't to be... I'm a little bit thankful that commercial radio didn't pick it up and ruin it for us... but at the same time, I'm amazed that they ignored it. "Pretty Dress" may well be the prettiest song on the Sub Pop label's catalogue. It captivated me from the very first time I heard it and still does now. So maybe commercial radio wouldn't have ruined it for me... it may have just made it listenable for 4 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment