Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, July 11, 2011

Tanita Tikaram - "Twist in my Sobriety"

"Twist in my Sobriety" was a hit in 1988 for Tanita Tikaram when she was just 19 years old. It was the second single from her debut album 'Ancient Heart.' She had already tasted success with the upbeat first single "Good Tradition"... although, in my opinion, "Good Tradition" hasn't aged as well as "Twist in my Sobriety." She has released seven albums since 'Ancient Heart', but most people wouldn't even be aware... other than her hard core fans, I suppose. I personally thought she had retired from the music scene not long after the first two albums. After releasing a song as great as "Twist in my Sobriety" she probably could've retired happily anyway. It was quite different to the standard late 80's mainstream music... who needs a synth when you have an oboe? An 80's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment