Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Monday, July 4, 2011

The White Stripes - "My Doorbell"

The White Stripes may have called it a day... but they certainly made an impact over the 13 or so years they were together. I remember being blown away by "Hello Operator" and had to have the album, which was their second album 'De Stijl.' Two albums later and they were on top of the world... with good reason, I must add. However, for me it was the next album 'Get Behind Me Satan' that I got a little obsessive with. It was more acoustically and piano driven than their usual blues/garage/punk style on the previous albums. In fact, it is as far away from any previous album and what may have upset some fans, it is a treasure trove for others. "My Doobell" is a piano soul stomper that has Jack White going back to another era... one of the many fascinating surprises on this diverse album.

No comments:

Post a Comment