Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - "O Children"

Nick Cave released his 2-separate album set (as a double) 'Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus' in July, 2004 and to a Nick Cave fan it was an early Christmas. Both albums were different but one thing they had in common was 'brilliance'... I would've been happy with just one of these albums, but two fucking excellent albums in a beautiful cloth CD cover package (pre-downloading, for me, and a perfect case for the CD over download argument) was gold. After many hours of listening, my favourite of the two was 'The Lyre of Orpheus.' (although, a mate of mine preferred ''Abattoir Blues') I was completely obsessed with the atmosphere he created, on this the quieter of the two albums, which at times included the 'London Community Gospel Choir' and on "O Children" you will hear what I am trying to explain. I honestly didn't think Nick Cave could release anything greater than 'The Boatman's Call' but I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment