Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eliza Doolittle - "Skinny Genes"

Okay, I know Bitter FM is supposed to be saccharine free radio and this song is a little bit heavy on the sugar... but I don't care. It's my guilty pleasure and that's all there is to it. I'm just pleased the management behind Katy Perry, Britney and Lady Gaga haven't got a hold of her... yet. The theme of "Skinny Genes" is basically the opposite to Lily Allen's "Not Fair" which is about a guy she really likes but doesn't do it for her in bed... in "Skinny Genes" the guy is annoying and not much liked but otherwise satisfies her. The use of whistling is a clever effort to keep it clean. To me, this song is like this... if someone gave me a coffee with sugar in it and although I don't have sugar, if the coffee is good I will still drink it. How was that for an analogy?

No comments:

Post a Comment