Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Friday, March 11, 2011

Ladi6 - "Walk Right Up"

Ladi6 had been the guest vocalist on so many albums by artists such as Scribe, Fat Freddy's Drop and Shapeshifter to name a few... so it was only a matter of time before she released her debut album. Although she had already made a name for herself in 'Sheelahroc' with their well known kiwi almost-hit "If I gave you the mic" from a few years ago, she confirmed her status as an important figure in the NZ music industry with the release of her debut album 'Time Is Not Much' and particularly this song "Walk Right Up" which I have to admit I couldn't stop playing... the Bitter FM listeners certainly heard it enough but I'm sure they loved it as much as I did. "Walk Right Up" has a cool beat that crosses over to the dub side... all the Fat Freddy's fans would be nodding their heads and let's face it, if you aren't doing the same you would probably be up on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment