Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fly My Pretties - "Singing In My Soul"

With the Erupt festival now on in Taupo and the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra playing again this year.... it seemed appropriate to have 'Singing in my Soul' on todays blog. The reason is that Age Prior, the singer and songwriter of this song, played as part of 'Fly My Pretties' is also a member of the Wellington Int Ukulele Orchestra. 'Singing in my Soul' is a beautiful acoustic song that I first heard on the first Fly My Pretties album 'Live at Bats' and is one of the highlights of the album, which also features members of the Black Seeds and the Phoenix Foundation, along with Hollie Smith and plenty of other guests. The original release of the album featured a DVD of the concert and is worth tracking down. It was originally on his debut album 'Homerecordings' released a few years before this version. He has released two more solo albums since. He is also a member of 'Woolshed Sessions' and they released their self titled debut album in 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment