Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jan Hellriegel - "Under The Stars"

Late last year Jan Hellriegel released her new album 'All Grown Up'. It's been a long time between albums for Jan Hellriegel (about 14 years) and by the sounds of it, this one has been worth the wait. It explores quite a lot of subjects like getting older and broken relationships. Under the Stars is a great pop song and has her pouring her heart out... she isn't hiding any of her pain and longing here. As with a lot of break-up albums, she is sounding better than she ever has and it is great to get another album after all these years. I still have a cassette of one of her earlier bands 'Cassandra's Ears'. I couldn't part with it when I threw all my cassettes out and I haven't even got any way of playing it anymore. Hopefully it will be re-released again in a decent format... I will never think back fondly of cassettes... except that of the mixtape.


No comments:

Post a Comment