Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cat Power - "Satisfaction"

Another cover of the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction".... Have I completely lots my marbles? Maybe not, but after the last blog was also an excellent cover of the same song, it might take some convincing to back it up with another one. But I'm up for the challenge and I don't think this will fail to impress. Cat Power released this on 'The Covers Record' album in 2000. She has stripped it right down and has definitely made it her own.... which isn't an easy task, considering the status of the original. The most interesting part about this version is the fact that it omits the choruses completely.... so, to some, it is unrecognisable. I caught her live at the Powerstation when she toured last year and she played this completely with the choruses and it was more in the style of the original.... but this is the version I will always prefer.


No comments:

Post a Comment