Lake Taupo

Lake Taupo

Friday, June 25, 2010

Meryn Cadell - "The Sweater"

Canadian Meryn Cadell released "The Sweater" in 1992 on her "Angel Food For Thought" album. It is a clever and very funny song about the obsessions and crushes of teenagers. It starts off with....

"Girls,
I know you will understand this
and feel the intrinsic incredible emotion
You have just pulled over your head the worn,
warm sweater belonging to a boy"

I remember buying the album after seeing the video of this song on TV. It got played a bit on bFM and then sort of fell under the radar... so I'm happy to bring it back to life on Bitter FM.... well, in Taupo at least.
I later found out that the excellent musical backing track was a sample from a Syd Dale song.... so I've included that below as well.



KPM Klassics - Syd Dale - "Walk & Talk"-1968

No comments:

Post a Comment